The world’s best pizza is baked in wood fired ovens.
Learn how, on this exciting, hands-on course.
- Wanted to make an authentic pizza?
- Been thinking about buying a wood fired oven?
- Bought one but not had the nerve to light it yet?
- Or used it once and not found time to light it again?
- Found it hard to make and control your dough?
- Wondered what the dough and the sauce should really be like?
- Burned a few too many pizza tops or served them with soggy bottoms?
Meet your inner pizzarista!
After this course, you will be able to confidently:
- Make traditional, long fermentation pizza dough.
- Shape dough like a pro.
- Concoct sauces to die for.
- Make show-stopping toppings.
- Use the right wood to light, maintain and manage your fire.
- Control upper and lower oven temperatures for the authentic 90-second bake.
- Judge when your pizza is baked!
Gluten free option available.
We’ll be eating our pizzas as they come out of the oven, and at the end of the course you’ll have dough to take away for ‘homework’, as well as our printed material with notes on all recipes and fire management techniques.
There are five wood fired ovens at The Artisan Bakery School, and what we use on the day will depend on the size of the group and the weather. This is a great chance to view different oven types and, if you’re considering either buying or building your own, an excellent opportunity to discuss the pros and cons with our own oven builder, Dragan.
Level: All welcome!
Course Days: Saturdays 11am – 3pm (other options by arrangement)
Cost : £145 per person
Family day Special: 2 adults + 1 or 2 children (age 6-14) £295